Article 1. Personal Information
"Personal information" refers to "personal information" as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, and is information about living individuals. And it also refers to information which can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, other descriptions, etc. in said information, and information which can identify a specific individual by said stand-alone information such as appearance, fingerprint, voiceprint data, and insurer number of health insurance certificate (personal identification information), etc.
Article 2. Ways of collecting personal information
RCG may ask the user about personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, driver's license number, etc. when the user registers to use this service. In addition, RCG may collect information from RCG’s business partners (including information providers, advertisers, advertisement distribution destinations, etc., "Partners"). The information includes transaction records and payments information including personal information of users made between users and Partners.
Article 3. Purpose of collecting and using personal information
The purposes for which RCG collects and uses personal information are as follows.
- For provision and operation of RCG’s services.
- For answering inquiries from users (including verification of identity).
- For sending e-mails about new functions, updates, campaigns, etc. of the service in use and information of other services provided by RCG.
- For contact as needed such as maintenance, important notices, etc.
- For allowing users to view, change, delete of their own registration information, and to view usage status.
- For charging users for usage fees of paid services.
- For purposes incidental to the above purposes of use.
Article 4. Change of purpose of use
- RCG shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of use is related to that before the change.
- If the purpose of use has been changed, the changed purpose shall be notified to the users or announced on this website in the manner specified by RCG.
Article 5. Provision of personal information to a third party
- RCG will not provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of the user, except
in the following cases. However, this does not apply when permitted by the Personal Information
Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is necessary to cooperate for a national institution or a local government or a person/party entrusted with it to carry out the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and it may hinder carrying out the affairs if obtaining the consent of the person.
- When the following items have been announced or disclosed in advance and RCG notifies to the
Personal Information Protection Commission.
- The purpose of use includes provision to a third party
- Items of data provided to a third party
- Means or method of provision to a third party
- Stop providing personal information to a third party at the request of the person
- Way of accepting a request of the person
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the destination of
this information does not fall under a third party.
- When RCG outsources all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When personal information is provided due to business succession with merger or other reasons.
- When personal information is shared with a specific person/party, and when the person of the personal information is notified in advance or is placed in a state where the person can easily know that personal information will be shared, the items of personal information used jointly, the range of people who jointly use it, the purpose of use of the information, and the name of the person who is responsible for the management of the personal information.
Article 6. Disclosure of personal information
- When requested by the person to disclose the personal information, RCG will disclose it to the person
without delay. However, if the disclosure falls under any of the following, RCG may not disclose all or
part of it, and if RCG decides not to disclose it, RCG will notify the person without delay. In
addition, 1,000 Japanese yen will be charged for each disclosure of personal information.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person or a third party
- When there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper implementation of RCG’s business
- When it violates other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle, we will not disclose information other than personal information such as history information and characteristic information.
Article 7. Correction and deletion of personal information
- If the user's personal information held by RCG is incorrect, the user may request that RCG correct, add or delete (“correct, etc.”) the personal information in the manner specified by RCG.
- If RCG receives a request from the user and determines that it is necessary to respond to the request, RCG shall correct, etc. the personal information without delay.
- RCG will notify the user without delay when RCG has corrected, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when it decides not to correct, etc.
Article 8. Suspension of use of personal information
- RCG will carry out the necessary investigation without delay if required by the person to suspend of the use of personal information or delete the personal information (“suspend of use, etc.”) because it is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or because it has been obtained by fraudulent means.
- If RCG determines that it is necessary to respond to the request based on the results of the investigation in the preceding paragraph, RCG will suspend of use, etc. without delay.
- RCG will notify the user without delay when RCG has suspended of use, etc. according to the preceding paragraph, or determined not to suspend of use, etc.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, if there is a large amount of cost to suspend of use, etc., or if it is difficult to suspend of use, etc., and necessary alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of the user can be taken, this alternative shall be taken.
- The contents of the Policy can be changed without notifying the users, except for specified in laws and regulation, otherwise in the Policy.
Article 10. Inquiry
For inquiries regarding the Policy, please contact the following.
Address: No.2 Yamazaki Bld. 4F. 2-24 Nishi 6 chome, Kita 6 jo, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0806 Japan
Company: RCG Corporation
Email address: email@example.com
End of text